Awhile back I sent off a new apple xserve to a well known host to have it
colo'd & it was delivered straight to them from apple so I never had it. After
they got it setup they were supposed to send me the box along with all the
inclusions (manuals, warranty papers, install disks, etc..) but they never sent
it, actually they threw it all away...

Well now I can't get the xserve os license because I never had it and don't
have any of the documents & it wouldn't be a huge deal but I would like to
install it again of course and it will cost $500 to replace just the software
for main os.

So now should the host replace it or provide me a new copy? I would think so
and they even admit it was their mistake but they sure don't seem willing to
make it right. Just curious to other opinions.