I don't think there is much there, normally, but if you are looking
for music, I've got a web dev friend from evolt.org who lives near
there (if I recall correctly) and who is a musician. I could inquire
if you like and see what all is going on around the days you'll be
there.

Unfortunately it is about 600 miles from Portland to Grass Valley, so
yeah,would be a bit of a road trip for me.

Judah