From: Eric Roberts [mailto:ow...@threeravensconsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 12:42 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: RE: _Speaking_of_the_Supreme_Court:_Marine's_father_ord_ere
d_to_pay_court_costs_to_Westboro_Baptist_Churc

Not sure on that.  91A was E1-E4,  91B was E5 to I think E7...I think any of
the enlisted ranks above that had the "C" designation, but I am not 100% on
that.  I do know that they changed numbers and designators sometime in the
90's.  I am not sure how far back this goes, but I know they used that
designation at least as far back as Vietnam.  It's now known as 68W.

Here you go:

Recently known as 91W, the MOS was changed effective October 1, 2006.
Formerly known by the MOS codes 91B (9 1 Bravo) and 91A (91 Alpha).

The Department of the Army Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel issued a
notice for future change for the MOS 91B&C in September 1999. This notice
established the transition to 91W to begin on 1 October 2001 and end on 30
September 2007. During this period all 91B&C will be given the identifier of
Y2 until they complete the transition to 68W. To complete their transition
to 68W many 91B&C must complete EMT-B which was offered but never required
for any medic until now. Failure to conform to these standards has resulted
in some medics having to reclassify into another MOS.

Thanks for being civil BTW...I do respond civilly, when that is returned.
Otherwise I attack in kind ;-)

Eric