I have to say, when we first had issues with my child's teacher, my
wife mentioned homeschooling and my knee jerk reaction was 'No way in
hell'. At that point I had only known like 3 people who were home
schooled and they were all what I would consider 'weird'.

But the more research I did, the more I talked to people, the more I
realized that while those 'weird' people might be the stereotypical
home schoolers, they are not the majority. I found out that a lot of
people I knew and respected were home schooled for all or part of
their childhood.

Now, I would have it no other way. I think we have the perfect life. I
work from home, my wife does not need to work (to pull in a paycheck)
and we homeschool. No mater how busy any of our days get, we still see
each other every day and eat every meal together.