I ended up having to get Pro on my personal system - after running the
preview for over a year I upgraded to Home Premium on all the machines (via
the inexpensive family pack).  Then I discovered that Home Premium doesn't
support multiple CPUs (it supports any number of cores, but only one
physical CPU) - honestly didn't even notice for a while.  But my system is a
dual Opteron and I was only engaging one CPU so I upgraded.

If you you're running a dually (again physically multiple processors) it's
unfortunately a necessity.

The only two other features I missed were:

        1) Network backup.  Only Pro+ can backup to a network location out
of the box.  Of course nearly every other backup package on earth can do
this so it wasn't a huge deal - but it did irk.  (The crappy machines with
little disk space are the ones that I most want to back up over the network.
My main machine would take forever to backup over the network and is too
important... it gets dedicated drives and offsite treatment.)

        2) Windows XP Mode.  When it came out this wasn't an option for me
anyway - my older CPUs lack hardware virtualization.  That requirement has
been lifted so it'll work for me now.  But it was kind of moot since Virtual
PC 2007 seems to work fine on Home Premium (the site says it won't, but mine
does fine... although I might have an old installer).

Other than that Windows Home Premium has been working great for me on four
machines (family room, son's PC, daughter's laptop and my little
grease-covered POS in the garage).  Aside from a loss of $90 and access to
my second CPU I've noticed no difference on my main PC either.

Jim Davis