Actually from the sounds of it it may have just been an urban legend.
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_president_bush_call_the_constitution_a.html

but then again Sam won't believe it, after all we all know what he
considers FactCheck.org to be. Or does he consider it biased only when
it disagrees with his opinions?