Why would I have to? There were the patriots, and then there were the
British. It was a bit confusing since my father is British, mind you,
but I dealt with it.

And no, actually, I did not live in Quebec as a child. The books I am
thinking of were in use in the Ontario Separate Schools. Before that I
went to a French-language Catholic school in Edmonton,  where we spent
a lot of time on Jesuits and coureurs de bois. All legitimately part
of Canadian history, and yeah, probably not covered in your classes.

My point exactly.