You mean like how the Israeli's go after folks in Palestine?  I can remember
being taught about that at least as far back as Junior High (6th - 8th grade
for me)...I can say for sure before that.  I learned about the POW camps in
hih school as i was a WWII buff...but was also taught about them in a US
history class in college.

When I said bomb the crap out of them...I meant bomb the crap out of them
and level the entire city kind of bomb the crap out of them.  So I am not in
disagreement with you.  We were taught about that as well and how they went
overboard with the bombing of Dresden and essentially messed up the mission
as they missed most of the primary targets while leverage the civilian
areas..that happened to a lot of the big German cities that had train hubs
or ports.  The port of Bremen was another...I ran across that info while
doing a genealogical search.  My grandmother's family came here from Poland
in 1912 and their port of Departure was Bremen.  All the port records were
destroyed when the port was decimated in WWII.  Apparently there was also a
fire that year in the Port of Baltimore, which destroyed the records thee as
well making that a huge roadblock in my ancestral search.

Eric