From: Larry C. Lyons [mailto:larrycly...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2010 11:23 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Apparently Arizona has its own Mullahs

Don't forget St. Brendan in around 900AD or so who apparentloy sailed
from Ireland to the east coast and back again in a leather boat.

As for Ericsson, if you look in the Gutenburg Project site there's a
translation of the the prose saga of the Eric the Red and Leif
Eiriksson's trijps to Vinland. I've been to L'Anse aux Meadows in
Newfoundland. I assume that it must have been much different back when
the area was settled by the Greenlanders (Leif Eiriksson was born in
the Greenland colongy). When I was there it was a cold, fairly
desolate place. Yet the saga describes  one of the vikings finding
wild grapes there. Now the northern limit of wild grapes is New
Brunswick.

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Eric Roberts
<ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> One thing that many people don't know is that Columbus was not the first
> European to land in the western Hemisphere.  Leif Ericson, son of Eric the
> Red travelled to North America (and actually landed on it as opposed to a
> tiny Island in the Caribbean thinking he was off the coast of China like
the
> other dumbass) 500 years before Columbus.  They even settled in
> Newfoundland.

;-)