On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Sam wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM, denstar wrote:
>
>> Like, he'd said Bush43 sucked before.  I remember.  I think it was the
>> same list of things, even.
>
> I'm consistent.

Well, there's certainly something to be said for consistency!  Bravo!

I'm either inconsistently consistent or consistently inconsistent, but
it keeps my brain "feeling" useful. =8^√

>> It *is* pretty bothersome that he's willing to trust the government;
>> where our privacy is concerned, but not with medical stuff.
>
> It's not that. We have laws and the government follows them. They need
> to be checked and life is acceptable. Suddenly you guys are in hoot
> about how they can't be trusted unless they have a warrant.
> It's the same people with the same rules and the same watchers.I don't
> get why suddenly they're all evil.

You don't get it because you haven't been paying attention.  Don't
worry, I suffer from the same problem, and we can both get help if we
want!

With more and more people "communicating" all the time, you'll just
see this become more of an issue.

Not that it matters.  Since you're a history buff you know all about
PGP and whatnot, right?

Probably a good thing, really.  Soon *everyone* will be using strong
encryption, mark my words!

Seriously tho, if you're not just full of hot air about reigning in
the .gov, you should check out some of those links I posted last time
this convo came up.  Then you'd remember what is going on in this area
more, believe you me!  And we could both join in on some justifiable
outrage-- wouldn't that be cool! -- the two of us, ragging on the same
government at the same time!

> Anyone that understands what just happened with the bill is upset. I
> think it was Waxman that subpeanad AT&T and others for saying they
> would need to write off $ billions for the new law. After a day of
> testimony and a review of the documents he conceded they were correc

Doesn't stuff like this happen every time there's any actual progress
in Washington?