Only when crossing the Canadian border. I look too WASP to be
suspicious elsewhere. That said I have seen police in  Prince William
County stop people and demand to see immigration papers. BTW PWC
passed a set of laws a couple of years that are the basis for the
Arizona law. I'll have to dig it up, but I remember that one of the
local papers reported that latinos were far more likely to be stopped
by county police for immigration checks even though the wingnut who
pushed forward the law claimed it didn't happen.