"They're required to carry malpractice insurance which, thanks to our
sue-happy society, is insanely expensive."

Yet tort reform was left out of health care reform.  Wonder why?  Maybe it
has something to do with all those trial lawyers who fill the DNC coffers.

"Medicare doesn't come close to paying enough for doctors to make a living
after their expenses. They make a profit on it, sure, but if all they had
were medicare patients they'd be living on ramen noodles.

Or they'd leave the profession.  Maybe do research.

"Not commenting on Obama's package. I still haven't read it. I figure the
rest of my family has enough of an opinion on it that I don't need one."

Then you're qualified to vote on it since the representatives and senators
didn't read it either.