I guess ACRO gas wont be cheap anymore :(

-----Original Message-----
From: Judah McAuley [mailto:ju...@wiredotter.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 11:08 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Need help understanding a current talking point

The money comes from revenues, just like any other company. And they are
suspending their dividend, which will hurt British pensioners just like US
pension plans that were invested in US investment banks were hurt when those
firms had massive wipeouts. On the other hand, BP usually comes in with 30
to 40 billion per year in profit, so I don't think they are too worried
about $20 billion spread over a couple of years.

As for the $75 million cap, that is for liability, not cleanup costs.
This $20 billion escrow fund hasn't, as far as I'm aware, had any details
made public about what it will cover, it could just cover cleanup costs and
economic damage claims might be done through an entirely separate process.