True that.  If I accept my Social Security disability now, at age 57, my
monthly check will be less than I make in two days as a consultant.  If I
manage to continue working until age 65, I will draw monthly what I
currently make in 3.5 days.

I've been working and paying into SS for 41 years. For eight  of the last
ten years, I paid the maximum social security amount. The amount I have paid
into the fund would cover my monthly payments for 31 years.  With both
cancer and heart problems, my life expectancy is roughly 2-5 years.  So
they'll have plenty of surplus left in my account.

Not much gold-plate there.