A former campaign manager, Donald Williams,  for Senator Reid made some
controversial statements about Senator's Reid.  In order to back these
statements, Mr. Williams sat for a polygraph test and released the results
for public consumption.  The test was performed by James Hannah, of the firm
Eye Agency Investigations.  Mr. Hannah stated that Mr. Williams was being
truthful when answer the questions that were administered.

So here's the comments:

Williams claimed that on two occasions he delivered to Reid at least $10,000
in cash from Mustang Ranch owner Joe Conforte as early as 1970, during
Reid’s lieutenant governor campaign. The lie detection test, dated May 30,
confirms the veracity of Williams’ statements that Reid built part of his
campaign war chest with his ties to Conforte.

The Reid-Conforte relationship began when Reid asked his campaign manager to
meet the brothel owner, Williams said. The Mustang Ranch operator was known
in political circles as a tracker of Nevada’s races and generous donor.

“Reid implored me to take this meeting because he did not want to be spotted
huddling with Conforte. I agreed,” Williams said.

The men discussed politics at a restaurant, until Conforte cut the meeting
short and asked Williams to step outside. Conforte opened his car’s trunk to
reveal a pile of absentee ballots. Each was marked for Reid, he told
Williams. The brothel owner then directed the campaign manager to deliver a
thick envelope to the politician.

“I gave it to Reid the next day,” Williams said this week. “He opened it in
front of me. It was full of hundred-dollar bills.”

Reid won the election.
No law prohibited Conforte from contributing to Reid, as long as he pledged
the money toward his statewide office campaign and reported the amount. But
Reid did neither, Williams said, when the young Democrat from Searchlight
abandoned his gubernatorial race to run for U.S. Senate four years
later. Reid spent the money on his federal office run in 1974, according to
his former manager.

“Reid pledged none of the funds would be co-mingled,” Williams said. “Reid
lied.”

Williams recalled when a panicked Reid phoned him and requested he meet with
the brothel owner again. The evening ended with Williams helping
Conforte count $10,000 in his double-wide trailer at the Mustang Ranch.
Conforte had earmarked every dollar for Reid.

The full article is here:
http://yourpoliticsnews.com/2010/08/18/exclusive-pimp-paid-for-first-harry-reid-campaign-former-manager-says-takes-lie-detector-to-prove-claims/

It contains some more background info, links to pdf's of the lie detector
test, and some political commentary.

Unfortunately, it does not say why Mr. Williams is now coming forward with
the information or have any comments from Senator Reid.  There are some
other entries at the site about the same story and as time permits, I may
check them out.

Also, I don't know anything about the site.  First time I have ever visited
it.   I just posted the link and info since I found it interesting and
thought others would too.

Enjoy.

-

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms those entrusted with
power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny -
Thomas Jefferson o