Yer experiencing Overhyped Weather Fury letdown....happens dozens of times
here in the midwest in the spring time. I don't know how many times i've had
a "violent thunderstorm capable of producing large hail, dangerous
lightning, and large tornadoes" bearing down on my house...while I waiting
impatiently in my driveway with my dog and a beer....only to have the damn
thing fizzle out or miss me altogether.

Seriously though, it's a weird feeling......the anxiety of an approaching
disaster is mysteriously placed with a strange feeling of letdown when that
disaster doesn't materialize...even though you ultimately know it's a GOOD
thing that it didn't happen.

Stupid story short, I know what yer sayin' Ras.