I was reading a National Geographic (I think) about the evolution of
whales (fascinating stuff), which apparently had been one of the "god
must have done it" pillars, like the evolution of the eye...  but no
more.

I think preying on people's religion for political gain is pretty lame.

Religion and politics are poor bedfellows.  Makes for a caustic lye
type of deal.

"I'm melting, I'm melting... what a world... what a world..."

:Denstar of the North

--
Do whatever you will, but first be such as are able to will.
Friedrich Nietzsche