.... that the application process could have been better?

I'm asking because I build career sites and I'd like to think I know a thing or
two about making the process as easy as possible but this week I was posed the
question "What do techies want from a careers site when looking for a job?". My
answer to this was pretty simple.

1. I want a fast, accurate search.
2. A simple, short application process.
3. All the extraneous form filling for stuff that is already in your CV/resume
that you just uploaded should be optional and available to complete *AFTER* the
application has been accepted by the careers system and not before.
4. I want feedback so I know easily how my application(s) is/are progressing
with that business.

The response from the questioner was "That's you... What about other techies?"
which is kinda unfair of them but it got me wondering, do any of you guys see
it differently to how I'd like to see an application process? I'd very much
appreciate your opinions on this.

Paul