I agree...mostly.  But a third party candidate would have field  a
viable candidate before they would get my vote in an election as
closely contested as this one, however.  I just don't see that in the
case. Some of third party candidates in the California senate race
don't even have web page for their campaigns.  Also, the libertarian
candidate, who I thought would be a potential for my vote, is further
from me on issues than the conservatives.  Weird that.

I can live with one side in this election even if I don't agree with
them 100%, or even 50%, but the other side is so far from me,
especially on issues that I really care about, that I can't risk the
chance that they might win because I voted for a third party.