On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Jerry Johnson wrote:

> Well, one of the fundamental tenets of the new political scene is "reducing
> the size of government".

I wish the mantra was "transparency in government".  We've done pretty
swell, for a long time, with the biggest government on Earth.

What bugs me, personally, is an invasive government.

One that thinks it's cool to tap its people's communication networks
without warrants.

One that thinks it's cooler to tell us what to eat, versus what is
actually in the food.

I support the idea of the government being involved in health care,
because I believe there is more transparency in say, the VA, than
there is in private hospitals.

I don't think we should get rid of federal parks, air traffic control,
public education, &c.

Ah well.  Maybe the main problem *is* the size of our government, vs
other factors.  I've been wrong before.

I won't wish failure on folks for trying.  =)

:Den

--
Vanity is but the surface.
Blaise Pascal