Scott, my hopes and prayers are with you.

Please take some comfort in knowing that you and she are blessed to be here
and now, with the best doctors and health care in the history of mankind.

It may not seem like it at times, but we as a species are better off in most
ways than ever before.

And if possible, take to heart the words of Jim Valvano, which I was
reminded of last night:

“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this
every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day.
Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three
is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.
That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have
something special.” - Jim Valvano

That is indeed a heck of a day.
Jerry