first year.

We had U-Verse for about 2 months before cancelling and switching back
to Time Warner.  Here's why:

#1 - the set top box that was supplied responded poorly to remote
controls - whether it be the u-verse remote or my logitech harmony.
It's like it didn't get the signal half the time.  This happened on
both of our U-Verse boxes.

#2 - my HD quality was seriously degraded.

#3 - Their internet service was slower than Time Warner's Road Runner
- a lot slower

#4 - their "whole house DVR" claim was sort of a sham.  I couldn't
pause live TV unless I was either at the main PVR or had already set
up to record the show on the PVR.

#5 - Didn't have "News 14 Carolina" (a time warner exclusive)

#6 - Weather channel didn't provide "Local Forecast"

#7 - Only provided the primary local stations, but not their secondary
HD broadcasts - which we do get from Time Warner

Of all these issues, #1 and #4 were the most annoying.  My wife
doesn't have a lot of tolerance for things that don't work easily.

Our cable bill is outrageous, because we have two HD DVRs from Time
Warner, but it definately meets all of our needs.

Rick