THe purest form of energy consumption is through Photosynthesis.
We need to be able to genetically modify ourselves to absorb sunlight and
convert it to energy.
Simple.
*nod* *nod*

I've fantasized about this for several years now...was even going to write a
short story.
Never got around to it of course.