On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Medic <hofme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any ideas where to start? It tells me some files I can check for more
> details but I get access denied. I suspect I need to log in as Administrator
> to view them?

I had this problem on Vista for awhile because of an automatic Windows
Update that was installing a buggy NVidia (or similar) driver update
that was somehow incompatible with my system.  I could always fix it
by rolling back to a restore point before that update ran and then
choosing not to include that update next time updates ran.

In the long term I changed my automatic updates to automatically
download only and then prompt me to install them manually so that I
could watch what was going on and restore before things got too wacky.

The long LONG term fix was switching to Mac.

YMMV.

-Cameron