Do you truly not see any qualitative difference between this and most of
what wikileaks posted?

nyt:
  the USA is looking at expanding military operations into yet another
country, a nuclear country, with a massive Muslim population, and an
unfriendly government.

wikileaks:
  a diplomat called that guy fat.

The differences to me could not be clearer.