Never understood the controversy with DADT.

In all my years of working, I have never asked someone their sexual
orientation.

Likewise, in all my years of working, no one has randomly told me their
sexual orientation.

Anyway, it will be interesting how things play out.  Easy to imagine the a
combat situation where a "gay" soldier refuses to go on the first patrol
claiming he/she was picked first due to orientation.

-

Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce
citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly
vigilant self-governing people requires? - Alan Keyes