French Press is an acquired taste...it tends to have some of the finer
grounds floating around and that can turn off the non coffee fanatic.  I
like it, but then I can also eat coffee beans with no issues ;-)  I have a
Mr Coffee grinder that has multiple grind and volume settings.  It allows
you to choose beteen  the amount of grounds based on the number of cups for
your coffee maker and also whether you want coarse, medium, or fine grounds.
Espresso requires a fine grind.  I like to use a medium grind for automatic
drip and coarse for French Press.  Another option...I just recently
purchased a Keurig coffee maker.  Depending on model, it allows you to
create espresso (1 k-cup for 4 oz of coffee) on up to weaker brews that use
1 k-cup for 12 oz of coffee. This is a great investment.  Some models also
allow you to create your own k-cup with the my-kcup, which is basically a
filter basket in a container that emulates a k-cup.  A bit of a pain in the
but because if you like stronger brews, it takes a couple of k-cups of
coffee (I generally use 3...2 at 4 oz and 1 at 8 oz).  Luckily you can
purchase extra filters...I am waiting for mine to arrive ;-)  Keurig.com, as
well as other sites (google k-cup) has a HUGE selection of coffees and teas
that can be used.  Defintiely pretty awesome.

 I have also used the cold brew method.  It takes a pound of coffee and you
fill the coldbrewer with the ground and water and let it soak for 14 hours.
You then pull the cork on the bottom of the brewer and let it drain.  It
gives you an espresso like liquid, but is much more flavorful and has a
higher caffeine level.  The longer it takes to brew a coffee, the more
caffeine that gets extracted.  This is by far my favorite as I love the
richer flavor you get from this.  The benefit of cold brewing is that you
don’t destroy the volitle oils in coffee that provide flavor (which is why
hot brewed coffee goes bad pretty quick in an open carafe on a heated pad).
You may have had this before if you have ever worked in a office or been to
a restaurant that uses Dewey Egbert coffee machines.  Those use a bladder of
cold brew that is shipped frozen...you can store the frozen cold brew for 6
months .  One of the things thewy recommend for normal use is tofill an ice
tray with the cold brew and when you want a regular cup of coffee, put an
cube in a coffee cup and top off with hot water and you have a regular cup
of coffee.

Eric

ALL HAIL THE GODDESS CAFFEINA!!!

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans of Java
that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes
a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.