Regardless of what he might do to persecute people, he's done. He has lost
the Egyptian people. They are standing up asking for democracy, and we're a
bunch of schmucks if we don't help them achieve it. Could it become an
Islamic state? Sure. But it doesn't have to be a radical state, and I'll bet
we stand a much better chance of being on decent terms with the new
government if we help ease the way for a transitional government. We wanted
to play world cop, now it's time to show the world we're serious about
democracy, and not just when it suits our own narrow interests.

.