Glad you are home and doing ok!

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen [mailto:mamamaur...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 15:13
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: I have a broken heart

My blood pressure and heart rate was too low for them to risk anesthesia for
open heart bypass, so mostly they are just going to try and get everything
stable.  My blood pressure has always be a problem.
 The doc likes to joke that he has seem higher blood pressure on a corpse.
I knew as soon they took it in the surgical pre-op that they wouldn't do the
surgery.  The highest reading they could get was
83/52.    They started me on a new medicine called Ranexa to hopefully
manage the pain and sent me home to recover.  I have a portable heart card
monitor and have to send an EKG to them several times a day so they can
monitor the heart rate.  Other a the pain from the angio puncture and a
headache, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment as long as I don't try to
stand up.