I'm not opposed, necessarily. I'm not sure how much good it will do in
this case though. From what I've read thus far, the Libyan air force
is not playing a huge role in the battles between insurgents and
government forces but I could be wrong. I think it would be a mistake
to unilaterally impose our military elements into the situation if it
doesn't do much good for the people on the ground. In that situation,
we end up giving poster fodder for anti-American groups while not
really achieving any useful objectives and that's a net loss.

I'd like to see things like No Fly zones coordinated with the Arab
League and African Union. I'm not sure how much of the Arab League is
in any shape to do anything right now, given the protests through out
the region. None the less, if we can usefully engage the diplomatic
orgs and provide help that genuinely benefits the people inside that
are working (and sometimes dying) for change, I think that it is
worthwhile. But we can't just start sending in planes in a cavalier
fashion without understanding the ramifications (good and bad) of our
actions as has happened before.

Judah