Down south, they have a tradition called "All Day Singing and Dinner
on the Ground.  It's basically an all day service with picnic dinner
where all the church ladies bring food.  Participating in one of those
a month is enough to make anyone obese.  Fried chicken, hush puppies,
potato salad, banana pudding, peach cobbler.  That was just the stuff
that my grandma would take each month.  To this day I have problems
consuming any food that was part of the Sunday church dinners except
corn bread.