http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/how-amazon-has-outsmarted-the-music-industry-and-apple/3074?tag=nl.e539

Hopefully it's just the first of wins that the consumer can make against the
draconian copyright policies.
It must be noted, however, that it took a Corporate behemoth itself to make
this move, in its own interest of course.

"As far as I’m concerned, Amazon just moved the needle significantly on the
music industry. Yes, the recording companies are whining
already<http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/amazon-debuts-cloud-drive-music-industry-whines-the-screen-that-will-end-up-in-court/46704>.
I have no doubt that legal teams from all of the major record labels are in
war-room mode right now. But their legal case is nonexistent. Here’s what
they’ll find out if they try.

*No sharing? No legal case.*

Every analysis of the new Amazon services I’ve seen has brought up the
example of the lawsuit against Michael Robertson’s mp3tunes.com by EMI.
Superficially, that service is similar to what Amazon is offering. But
there’s an absolutely crucial difference. Amazon allows you, personally, to
upload your music files to a digital locker and then play them back through
a browser or an Android app. By contrast, mp3tunes.com includes a full
API<http://www.mp3tunes.com/api/>that allows developers to “create
cool apps and device access to the
MP3tunes Loc