Note that this is only a one week extension. They'll be having this
fight all next week again. I'm not happy with the deal, 38 billion in
cuts but fricking 4 billion additional expenditure for the Pentagon
that they didn't even ask for?, but at least it doesn't contain some
of the more odious non-budgetary riders that had been pushed hard by
the Right.

Pretty odious deal. I'm not sure if it is a better deal than shutting
the government down or not. Guess we'll find out next week when we see
what the new demands are from both sides.

Judah