I am looking to upgrade my computer.  Large Illustrator files are slow
to work with and DX 11 is becoming more prevalent.

Where do you folks buy your parts?

I have looked on newegg and see some promising options, but, like most,
I am on a trimmed budget, (screw you, congress) and am looking for the
best deals I can find.  So far, it has been worse than car shopping.

Any pointers to good sites would be appreciated.  That way maybe I can
suffer from information overload and end up blowing my mind so I can
obliviously drool on my keyboard instead of using it.

Sharing what you have/get by with would also be helpful.  I am almost
three years behind and am having to brush up on the new processor names
and what they mean as far as performance goes.

I am upgrading RAM, CPU, motherboard and hard drive.  Fitting a new case
into the budget would be nice too.  A new video card is also on the
list, but it is at the bottom.

I am eying the AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE and the Intel Core i7-2600K