> I'd love to try one of those wacom tablets, might be interesting how
> it would work for myself since I write w/ left hand but use mouse with
> right hand.

It works great for me.  I write left handed, but gave up on fighting
with others over which hand the mouse was set up for.  I learned to use
my right, but I am far from precise.  I turn to my tablet for anything
that doesn't involve typing or selecting something.  For some reason I
can't wrap my head around using the WACOM and mouse at the same time
though.  Not to worry.  The WACOM can be used as a mouse too (it comes
with one, actually).  I just have to move my arm a lot more, which is
why I haven't switched to it completely.  I am also annoyed by the
placement of the scroll sliders.  I will be working in the top left
corner of the pad and accidentally hit the strip, and then, wheeeeeeeeeee.