I really don't understand.
I walk with my driver's license everywhere I go in my wallet.

When I make a Credit Card purchase normally there is a big sign on the wall
saying that cashier's must check PHOTO ID for all credit card purchases.

And they ask for my ID, I open my wallet and show then the driver's
license...they check name, signature and the transaction proceeds.

For voting as well, they check ID. You walk with your Polling Card, and/or
some form of photo id. They can ask for various information as well to
determine if you are really you.

I have no idea how someone can tell otherwise that you are who you say you
are.Knowing the person's address isn't good enough.

I think that's all pretty reasonable. Why do Americans have problems with
this?