"Possibility is it true."

It is true.

Nice chart from Goldman Sachs that breaks down expenses and revenue for
August if the debt limit is not raised.

link:
http://blogs.reuters.com/james-pethokoukis/2011/07/12/the-issue-isnt-default-but-government-shutdown/

Or

ED SCHULTZ, HOST: And Senator, what was your response to the President when
he told a, an anchor in an interview he couldn’t guarantee that the checks
would be there on April 3rd [sic], that he couldn’t guarantee that the
Social Security checks would, would hit people’s bank accounts if we don’t
take action? What’s your response to that? True or false?

SENATOR BERNIE SANDERS (I-VERMONT): Well, there are differences of opinion
about that. There are some who would argue, and I tend to agree, that given
the fact that Social Security has a $2.6 trillion surplus, then you can
figure out a way you must make sure that seniors and disabled vets get their
checks.

SCHULTZ: So you would take issue with the President on that statement, that
he may have been fear-mongering in essence?

SANDERS: What he is saying is, look, there’s not enough money here to pay
our debts. That’s true. I think, in fact, we can pay Social Security.
or

As reported by the Weekly Standard Friday:

The BPC study found that the United States is likely to hit the debt limit
sometime between August 2 and August 9. “It’s a 44 percent overnight cut in
federal spending” if Congress hits the debt limit, [Jay Powell of the
Bipartisan Policy Center]said. The BPC study projects there will be $172
billion in federal revenues in August and $307 billion in authorized
expenditures. That means there's enough money to pay for, say, interest on
the debt ($29 billion), Social Security ($49.2 billion), Medicare and
Medicaid ($50 billion), active duty troop pay ($2.9 billion), veterans
affairs programs ($2.9 billion).

That leaves about $39 billion to fund other things.

So, there is enough money to pay SS if they chose to. Or they could choose
to pay another obligation.  With no limit increase and no cuts, there will
not be enough to pay everything.

The debt limit debate is getting more intense.  Apparently, Obama got mad
yesterday so he took his toys and left:
Angry Obama storms out of debt-ceiling negotiations:
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/13/oh-my-angry-obama-storms-out-of-debt-ceiling-negotiations/

-

It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and
monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution
before tomorrow morning. - He