So I'm off tomorrow morning to start doing setup for my local music
festival, Pickathon. 3 days of music from 10 am to 2 am and folks
playing music in the woods all hours in between. Now, the name rather
makes it sound like a bluegrass festival and there is some fine
bluegrass, no doubt, but fundamentally the festival is an indie roots
music showcase. You'll find heavy rock, ala Black Mountain,
country/honkytonk via the Sadies, psychadelic Latin funk with Grupo
Fantasma and Blackout, old school Mississippi blues with L.C. Ulmer
and fine gospel with Mavis Staples amongst many others.

I'll probably see 10+ shows per day, friday, saturday and sunday after
spending two days hauling gear, putting up miles of christmas lights
on trails in the woods and getting things ready in general. It is
really too much fun.

But fear not, for those who can't make it out to Oregon, this year
we'll be streaming a large number of performances and workshops in HD
video and audio via friends at KEXP.

If you want a wide variety of music and to see and hear how much fun
I'm having, tune in Friday afternoon through early Monday morning,
pacific time, here:

http://pickathon.com/blog/story.php?id=476

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers,