It is against the law to use a cell phone (without a handsfree device)
or text while driving in Oregon. Unlike a number of other states, it
is a primary offence here which means they can pull you over even if
you aren't doing anything else wrong. They tend to nail people in the
evening when it is super easy for a cop to spot the people on the cell
phone due to the nice bright glow around their head :)

Suffice to say, I'm all in favor of it. I have a blue tooth headset
that I wear while commuting and I try not to talk at all, but if I
need to, I've got the headset in already. If I'm just driving around
the neighborhood or something I don't wear it and then just ignore the
call or pull over.

Judah