On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Maureen <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Exactly.  There are numerous artists whose work I do not enjoy, but I
> can appreciate the talent required to perform it.  But perhaps that is
> because I know what it takes to create something like the Thriller
> album, and possibly because I am huge fan of those behind the scenes.
> However, with Michael Jackson (IMO) he brought as much genius to the
> table as the rest of the crew.

When in doubt, since i'm not an insider myself, i just look at what the
other pros have to say. I've never heard one person with any reputable
connection to the music world ever once doubt the musical talent of MJ.

This is how I know that my perception of Rush as top of the line talents is
spot on. You'll never meet a drummer who says "Yeah, Neil Peart is alright,
I guess" :)