On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Dana <dana.tier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually doubt he *really* speaks French, as in he can hold a
> conversation in the language. If he does, that's great. He would definitely
> be one of the few in this country who speak any other language at all.

So first you said he might have learned that from an intro to French
now he's not fluent after spending two years in France. Are you
attacking Newt because he made a bad joke or are you trying to prove
the joke was incorrect?

I'm not sure where you hang but many people I know speak at least two languages.

> *I'm* just saying that video of the man saying "Je m'appelle Mitt Romney"
> doesn't prove that he does. And also that it's ridiculous that a
> presidential candidate would run an attack ad on an opponent that implies
> that it *does* -- it says a lot about his opinion of voters' intelligence,
> though maybe he is not wrong at that.

I think most voters will be smart enough to recognize it as a joke
connecting Romney to the Other MA liberals, not as an insult to the
French.

> Furthermore, the ads imply that there is a problem with speaking French.
> The fact that the candidate running the ads must, based on his
> dissertation, either read French or have gotten in some help with his
> French-language sources, just adds that extra touch of hypocrisy.

A total misread on your part. It was satire. They both speak French,
just one was a MA politician

> Now. I really do have stuff to do. Have a nice day.

Have you been to Britain lately?

.