From: Judah McAuley [mailto:ju...@wiredotter.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 10:30 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: FW: Reid cancels procedural vote on PIPA

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM, GMoney <gm0n3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think we should necessarily be pissed about a different form
> of this bill eventually coming up for a vote. ANyone who's ever had
> their shit stolen online would appreciate some sort of legislation
> centered around a pointed technical solution that would allow some
vindication in such cases.

> So....i don't mind if they want to just postpone this bill and work
> out the horrible parts of it.....as long as they do it right. Which,
> of course, is highly unlikely *sigh

Stealing is already illegal and groups that do large scale stealing and
dispersal of illegally obtained software and content are already being
prosecuted. See yesterday's bust of MegaUpload as an example.
DMCA is way more harmful than helpful. So, given the already messed up legal
framework and law enforcement activities, what additional things would you
like to see in a new bill surrounding this area of law?

Cheers,
Judah