Here's the story that's going out:

SCOTUS says no to debate over Kagan health care role
by Jennifer Haberkorn

The Supreme Court on Monday denied
<http://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/012312zor.pdf>  a
request for debate over whether Justice Elena Kagan should recuse
herself from the health care reform case due to be argued in March.

Freedom Watch, a group led by Larry Klayman, asked the court for
permission to file a brief on Kagan's participation in the case. The
court on Monday denied the request without comment, though it did note
that Kagan did not participate in the discussion.

Both Kagan and Justice Clarence Thomas have faced calls for their
recusals from the case. Opponents of the law argue Kagan should not
participate because she was solicitor general during the passage of
the law.

The law's supporters want Thomas off the case because his wife is
actively trying to repeal the law.

But in December, Chief Justice John Roberts asked both sides to stop
their demands.

"I have complete confidence in the capability of my colleagues to
determine when recusal is warranted," Roberts wrote in his year-end
report. "They are jurists of exceptional integrity and experience
whose character and fitness have been examined through a rigorous
appointment and confirmation process."

This article first appeared on POLITICO Pro
<http://www.politicopro.com>  at 10:41 a.m. on January 23, 2012.

--
Larry C. Lyons
web: http://www.lyonsmorris.com/lyons

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always
has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant
thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance
is just as good as your knowledge." - Issac Asimov