I'm not sure I object to it. The thing is, though, it makes certain
assumptions that really don't bear out in my case. A lot of the people I
send email to (family, for example) boggled at the idea of joining another
social media program and aren't on Circles. A lot of people from Circles
are showing up in my chat, now that I look, whereas although I am
interested in what they have to say I have no need to chat with them and
vice versa. Thomas Hawk for example posts some beautiful photographs, but
I've never met the man and if I wanted to say that this or that photo is
gorgeous, the obvious place to do so would be as a comment on the post
where I saw it.