From: Erika L. Rich [mailto:elr...@ruwebby.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:51 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: FW: Susan G. Komen backs down on Planned Parenthood

Sam, I tend to largely ignore most of the stuff you talk about because I'm
not interested in politics like you are ... but I find these comments to be
so abhorrent and ignorant it warranted a response.

Since you aren't a woman though, I guess I need to take your view point with
a grain of salt as you were probably never broke but still needed a pap
smear every year because your family had a history of abnormal tests.
Good thing you boys don't bleed.

Yes, they apparently provide a service that your views do not agree with,
and I respect that, but DO NOT be so ignorant as to completely ignore or
forget that they do also provide a service many would not find elsewhere.

If it wasn't for planned parenthood and having access to either free or
almost free care over the majority of my younger life, I probably would
never have been able to have access to a) pap smears and regular yearly
checkups, b) affordable birth control, c) any care whatsoever for my
"womanly bits" since I spent the majority of my late teens and 20's,
relatively broke. There are MANY RESPONSIBLE women that use PP because it's
what they can afford, and they want to make sure they get a yearly checkup.
The clinic I used to ALSO provided ob/gyn care to many pregnant women
throughout their pregnancy. They do support life if that's the choice.