Yes, I could do all those things. Unfortunately the question is, yeah but
why bother? There's not really anything that CF can do that others can't,
and if I need to spend dollars on cross training and face the uphill battle
with clients to convince them of the merits of cf ultimately I end up in
the same situation as just hiring php guys.

Trust me, I've battled with this for years. Unfortunately I just couldn't
justify the hassle of staying with cf. YMMV though. And my hat goes off to
the people still fighting the good fight.