"Then I hope you are a damn sight more careful in your words and your work
in that context than you are here."

Thanks for your concern.

"If you don't understand that distinction, please get the hell out of the
medical field."

I believe you are missing the point entirely.

A doctor came out and told the media that 12 teenage girls where suffering
from hysteria.  That is not kosher under any circumstances, especially
considering the how teenagers respond to some things.  It is not uncommon
for girls who are told their BMI is too high to start bad horrendous
dieting patterns.  What are they going to do when people start saying they
are crazy (not the same as mass hysteria but not everyone will understand
that)?

The doctor is probably a shill protecting someone's interest, but not the
girls'.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton