Canada to Newt: MYOB.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72736.html

Newt to Canada: Forget China on Keystone
By: Patrick Reis
February 10, 2012 05:20 PM EST

Newt Gingrich has a promise for Canadian Prime Minister Stephen
Harper: If you wait for the U.S. elections, Republicans will come
through for you on the Keystone XL pipeline.

“My message to Prime Minister Harper: ‘You do not need a partnership
with the Chinese,’” Gingrich said during his turn in the Conservative
Political Action Conference spotlight Friday afternoon. “If you give
us a few months, … when we beat Obama on election night, we will
approve [the Keystone XL pipeline] on Jan. 20.”

Gingrich said he would sign an executive order approving Keystone on
his first day in office.

Harper’s government has overtly courted China as an energy customer
since the Obama administration rejected the oil sands pipeline, and
Gingrich and the rest of the GOP field have made the most of it on the
campaign trail.

“Obama has been an anti-American energy president, and every American
pays the price every time they go to a gas station,” Gingrich said.

Gingrich also used his speech to push the “bold solutions” he
repeatedly used to pit himself against “the Republican establishment”
— a just-below-the-surface jab at primary front-runner Mitt Romney.

Gingrich also repeated his pledge to abolish the EPA and Energy
Department, saying the latter “has been a total failure since it was
founded.”

This article first appeared on POLITICO Pro at 5:15 p.m. on F