eh well I am no fan of public education but I suspect that Santorum
and I would disagree as to who *is* the customer of public education.
he probably think it's the parent. I think it's the child, and that in
some cases the kid's best shot is public education, even if I chose
otherwise. I certainly think it's not something that can be done away
with tomorrow.

As for prenatal testing, he couldn't be more wrong. If it detects a
problem, yes, abortion may get mentioned as an option, but unless
things have changed, amniocentesis is not generally recommended unless
there's a reason to suspect that a problem may exist. I elected
against it at the time, I know. And even if a doctor presents abortion
as an option or even recommends it, some people proceed with the
pregnancy anyway, and have time to prepare because of the testing. I
don't think the government should be involved in deciding what is
medically necessary.