He said she said?

"I would like to be clear that no member is against the humane
treatment of detainees," said Rep. Elton Gallegly, R-Calif. However,
Gallegly portrayed the 400 pages of new detention standards made
public in February as part of a broader effort by the Obama
administration to put the interests of illegal immigrants ahead of the
interests of American citizens and taxpayers.

The best way to help immigration detainees is to deport them more
quickly, Gallegly said, "not to roll out the welcome mat at a posh
detention facility."